- Rotating globe
- Lamp with bare bulb
- Place the globe on a table about 2 feet from the lamp (which
represents the sun). Make sure to shine the lamp only on the side of the
- Turn out the lights in the room.
- Where is your home on the globe? Place your home in the lighted area
and turn the globe.
What does this mean?
- One complete turn of the globe = 1 day (24 hours)
- The earth turns to the east and the sun appears to move to the west
where it sets.
- The dark side of the earth experiences nighttime.
Still have questions? Email