Do an Archaeological dig in your closet!
- Remove pieces of laundry one at a time. Record everything that comes
out in order.
- Make sure you take things out in horizontal layers from the top of
the pile to the bottom.
- Describe each item in detail.
What does this mean?
- Geologists and Archaeologists use the Law of Superposition.
This means that whatever they find on top (geologists=rocks,
archaeologists= human artifacts like pottery and tools) is newer than
what is underneath.
- The laundry at the top of the pile was worn more recently than the
laundry at the bottom of the pile.
- This way you know what you wore at the beginning of the month and at
the end of the month.
- Archaeologists know what tools were used before others and how they
- Geologists study which rocks are older than others and what it means
in regards to the rest of the Earth.